Common pipe problems
The responsibilities that come with home-owning, are going to make you feel tired just by naming them. One is taking care of your pipes. If you don’t, it will bring a lot of problems back. This all depends on the way they are used and maintained.
IBX Services is ready to help you out with any emergency you might come across around your house. Here are some common pipe problems and tips on how to avoid them.
- Burst pipes. This can happen mostly in the winter when the temperatures in Toronto go below 0 degrees celsius when pipes freeze and burst. You can prevent this by insulating the pipes or the walls, keeping a constant temperature around the house, and replacing old rusty pipes with new ones.
- Clogged sink and slow draining. This is mostly caused by food remains, hair, or soap. Ways you can fix this are like pouring baking soda and vinegar into the sink or using chemical clog removers, a plunger, or a plumber’s snake to slide out the dirt and remains.
- Low water pressure. Caused by sediment and mineral deposits build-up or leaking pipes worn over time. Often it’s corrected with a new faucet or showerhead.
- Clogged or running toilet. A clogged toilet is caused by paper or human waste blocking the drainage. A plunge will fix it most of the time. A running toilet is very expensive because the water bill will go up silently and sometimes you don’t even know where it is coming from. This happens when a valve that controls water from the tank to the bowl doesn’t work properly.
- Sewage backup. The smell and the mess are literally a nightmare and very expensive to fix. A plumber should locate the blockage and clean the clogged pipes, then a restoring company will cleanse the mess.
What is homeowners insurance?
A standard homeowners insurance policy will ensure the owner with covering expenses of restoring the damaged property and belongings. All forms of home insurance also provide additional living expenses coverage for the extra costs of living away from home if it is uninhabitable due to damage from an insured disaster.
Does Homeowners Insurance Cover Broken Pipes?
Most insurance companies will not cover damaged and broken pipes as a result of bad maintenance from the homeowner. It’s their responsibility to prevent them from freezing, clogging, and leaking. If the damage or leakage is sudden or as a result of something malfunctioning, then typically the company will cover it. If you think your claims are denied unjustly, we suggest getting opinions from licensed and professional customer advocacy organizations that are familiar with the insurance contract.
Water damage can originate from different sources such as a broken dishwasher hose, a washing machine overflow, a dishwasher leakage, broken/leaking pipes, and clogged toilets. Water is essential to life but it is also the single most destructive substance in an indoor environment. It has the unique ability to spread very quickly in the places you’d least expect following the path of less resistance.
IBX Services is a full-services company for any kind of emergency service in the GTA(Greater Toronto Area). What it signifies is that we offer the full range of solutions required for complete emergency services, cleaning and disinfection services, and commercial services too. From identifying the cause of the problem to fixing any design flaws in the affected areas, and the prevention of further and sealing to rigorous testing to detect any other indirect problem, we strive to be a leader in the emergency services solutions industry. Feel free to contact us via email at [email protected] or via phone: (416) 252-5959.