Mold exposure is found in every area and also can be grown, indoor and outdoor places, year-round. The most common conditions for mold growth are warm and humid conditions. The best outdoors place to find it and grow is in shady, damp areas or places where leaves or other vegetation is decomposing. Whereas indoors places, mold can be found in areas where humidity levels are high, such as basements or showers.
How can people reduce mold exposure?
If you are a sensitive person in the report with the mold, you should avoid areas that are likely to have molds, such as compost piles, cut grass, and wooded areas. Another important thing is to clean up the mold if you see its growth in your house. Mold growth can be reduced from hard surfaces with commercial products, soap, and water, or a bleach solution.
If you choose to use bleach to clean up mold follow these tips:
- Never coalesce bleach with ammonia or other household cleaners.
- Open windows and doors to provide fresh air.
- It’s recommended wearing rubber boots, rubber gloves, and goggles during cleanup of the affected area.
- Eliminate all of the mud and dirt on the floor first.
- If the area to be cleaned is more than 10 square feet, consult with a professional company like IBX Services. Their experience can help you with mold removal.
What areas have high mold exposures?
- Antique shops
- Construction areas
- Flower shops
- Summer cottages
I found mold growing in my house, how do I test the mold?
Usually, it is not essential to identify the species of mold growing in a residence, and IBX Service does not recommend routine sampling for molds. We know that the current evidence like different types of diseases most often associated with molds, tells us that has mold exposure around you. We recommend that if you are susceptible to mold and mold is seen or smelled, you have to call us immediately. It’s very important to remove the mold before it causes health risks.
So, no matter what type of mold is existing, you should arrange for its removal. Don’t risk your health. IBX Service is always ready to be your best partner.