We know well that every home there are different mold infestations. They can grow quickly, so ensure getting rid of them before they attacked the home and your family. Here you will find come mold cleaning methods that IBX Services Team recommends for you.
The general explanation for mold is that they are some fungus that grows in the form of multicellular filaments called hyphae. They can affect in a negative way not only in your space but also in your family’s health. Mold can show up as black spots on siding or desks or can blacken the grout lines in the bath, or discolor the walls in your house. The other negative aspect is that can cause allergies like runny noses or irritating and injurious odors.
In most of the cases, you can easily identify the mold. It begins as small black stains but it grows fast and can make large colonies and in this way, you can discern differences between dirty surfaces and molded ones.
But in cases that you can’t identify it, you can identify it with household bleach and an old sponge. You can put the sponge with the bleach and dab on the blackened space. After that, you have to wait for some seconds. If the surface changes the color and gets brighter there have mold or the opposite doesn’t change the color, there are only dirty areas.
You have to remember also that mold has some typical features. It prefers damp and dark places like damp crawlspaces, damp walls, or damp carpet. As a result, it has a specific smell. So you can identify it from its smell. For huge surfaces with mold, you will need a mold cleaning company, so feel free to contact IBX Services here.
Mold Cleaning Methods
If you have small areas that have mold, it can be easily removed. Use some ordinary household cleaning products and follow the steps below:
- Firstly, ensure that before starting mold cleaning your space is full of fresh air.
- Secondly, vacuum up any loose mold with a filtered vacuum cleaner. This helps to reduce the number of spores stirred up into the air during the cleaning.
- Thirdly follow this report, of one cup of bleach use one gallon of water on non-porous surfaces.
- In the end, it is optional if you would like to rinse the surface.
If you don’t rinse the surface after the cleaning, the ordinary household cleaner or bleach will inhibit mold growth in the future. And also helps to get rid of small mold colonies.
Tips about mold prevention:
- Check dampness if you would like to prevent mold growth. Control all your dark areas like attics, damp crawlspaces, and basement.
- Remember that if the ventilation is not good, the water could not vaporize and make the place perfect for mold growth.
- The other important detail is to use paint with mildewcide.